Shop our collection of Eco friendly Party supplies, chosen to be a kinder to the environment. With an emphasis on Sustainability, our selection of Luxury Eco friendly gifts and party supplies includes Compostable Tableware, Biodegradable Balloons and Environmentally friendly Party Bags and Favours.
Understanding all the different eco terms can be confusing, here’s some key definitions you might find useful, compiled by our friends at Talking Tables
- Eco– Being environmentally friendly
- Sustainable– Use of natural resources kept at a level unlikely to damage the environment.
- Biodegradable– Breaks down naturally without causing any harm to the environment.
- Degradable– Breaks down into micro size pieces due to its chemical make up
- Industrial Compostable– Biodegrades in an industrial environment only.
- Home Compostable– Biodegrades in home compostable conditions.
- Recyclable– Materials or waste that can be processed and used again.
- Widely Recyclable– Waste most likely to be collected as part of household recycling.
- Single Use– Designed to be used once and then thrown away.
- Reusable– Designed to be used multiple times before being thrown away.
- Sustainable Sourced– Using social, ethical and environmental factors to decide whether to use a supplier.
- PLA - PLA stands for Polylactic Acid. The material can end up causing negative affects to the current recycling streams as it is not recyclable.
- BPA– BPA stands for Bisphenol A and has been linked to causing medical conditions. It is soluble therefore when in contact with liquids can seep into food.
PLEASE NOTE some items especially party fillers may be enclosed in packing not eco specific - this will be due to laws on safety stickers having to be applied and the suppliers not wanting to damage the products with these stickers so placed on packing - we and the suppliers are looking into how this can be changed but this will be a long process